Saturday, August 18, 2012

Up North

Since Saturday afternoon my family and I have been enjoying a week up north in Longville, Minnesota. Today we just got back home and now I am back to "real life" and about to start classes in a week. Boo!!

I had planned on posting swatches while at our cabin however the internet there was not that great making it painfully slow to upload pictures. Since I don't have a swatch prepared for this post I thought I would just share a few pictures from our little vacation.


Here is a picture of my dad and I fishing on Jack Lake which is a private lake that we rent for a day every year. The fishing boats little motor ran out of power so my dad is paddling us to our next fishing location. 


This if the view of Girl Lake from our deck. I love being right on the water. 


This is a picture of my dad, me and my mom. We were out boating around on Woman Lake 


Here is my brothers plate of food from the annual Crayfish feed. I don't normally eat these, they are a pain in the ass to get the meat out of and it is such a small amount it almost isn't even worth it. 



While at the cabin my dad taught me how to play cribbage. He surprised me with this awesome cribbage board and we played every day. 


Last but not least this is a picture of my mom with the beast of a northern she caught on Jack Lake. It was 32 inches and is probably the biggest fish any of us have caught out of the 12 years we have been going to our cabin. She released this fish, just like we release all the fish we catch =) 



No comments:

Post a Comment